Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just A Quick Post

Not too exciting around here. We are anxiously awaiting spring and it just does not seem to want to come. Today the wind blew like no other. Getting in and out of the car with 3 small ones in the wind is BRUTAL. I'm yelling at the kids telling them if they don't hurry and get in, we will blow away like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Mean while, the heavy car door is slamming me in the back. Lily is standing there, "can't we just play in the wind for a minute?" "No! HURRY, we're going to be swept up in this gust of wind in a minute!"
We had a fun Saturday. The sun was shining (even though it was still 35 degrees). First we went to the Erie Zoo, then the Erie beach (actually it is pretty good...we've heard, in the summer) to throw rocks on the ice (yes, that is Lake Erie..solid ice), and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese. We lasted 30 minutes or less. It was chaos! Too many stinky sweaty crazy kids on Saturday evening. On the way home, the Crispy Creme light was flashing. What does that mean? FREE donuts! Dinner! Pizza at Chuck E. Cheese didn't happen, so why not a donut dinner? The kids thought they had died and gone to heaven.That seriously was our dinner. It was fun, until I looked at my butt in the mirror!
By the way, the St. George marathon registration started today. ANYONE....Tresure...Katie?
Click on the picture to enlarge.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey thanks so much for responding- but I am photo shop retarded!!! I was afraid you were going to tell me it was photo shop! Darn... they are so cute!
Sounds like you are a runner too. I am training for my first half marathon which is in 6 weeeks!

adrianne s. said...

I'm sure your butt looks great! I can't stop laughing at that. Instead of traveling North to escape winter to you need to head South- like to Kentucky! We are a little soggy with all the rain, but at least there's no snow!

Alesha said...

I have got to get out to the beach. I never seen it when it is pure ice, probably shouldnt be in too big of a hurray since we are still in the 30's! Your butt? I am sure it is just fine! Ü PS Sorry I didnt call you back, I forget to save your number (or your message for that matter) and then when I think to call you back it is not in my calls anymore! ANNOYING! Anyway YES I did get a ticket, how lame! (wow long comment)

Hazen5 said...

Your beach is beautiful, but you are wearing too much clothes for my taste! When are you guys coming to Newport Beach this year? We have to meet up!

GoatesGirl said...

The pictures look really pretty. Especially at the beach. Brandon LOVES Krispie Kremes...we are so sad the one here closed. I am so excited for you and the marathon, I hope you get in. I love that I did it but I don't think I'm ready to do another one. Hopefully I'll be there to cheer you on. Matt ready for Boston?

The Larsons said...

What a fun day! You always seem to cherish the time with your kids. What a great example you are. Oh, and I bet your butt looks great. :)

joanna said...

Nothing better than a donut dinner...and I'm sure you are as skinny as ever. And sounds brutal with the wind and 3 kids, I feel for you. Cute pictures, cute fam.

Tracey said...

Sounds like you are really having a blast and making the most of everything! I commend you completely for getting out in that weather. Whoever invented all the buckles on car seats never tried to get little kids in the car in the cold or the wind, it's a nightmare! And don't even try to get it done with your gloves on! It's great to hear you're all doing well! I love the pictures!

katie said...

I'm not running the marathon due to a bun in the oven! Is Matt running? I have a brother in law running so we will be there, hopefully you'll be here so we can see you again!!