Sunday, April 20, 2008

Greetings From Boston!

Can I just say, "I LOVE BOSTON". Everything about this place is fun, charming, historical, and exciting. We have had a great time thus far. We are here with a great group of friends, parents, and family enjoying, restaurants, shopping and site seeing. One of the little Restaurant we ate at was called Stephanie's on Newbury. Newbury is a fun street with boutiques, cafe's, and shops.









Yesterday we went to the Boston Red Socks game. We aren't necessarily big Red Sock's fans, but how often do you get to go hang out in Fenway Park and watch world class baseball players.? The Red Socks beat the Texas Rangers 5 to 3. And, Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong were there.







Then this morning we planned on attending church. We decided to go to the 11 am ward so we could sleep in. As we walked into the chapel, Matt's cousin, Elder Tyler Standing was their.
How exciting. We knew he was on a mission in Boston, but Boston is HUGE. What are the odds of going to his ward, in his building in that city. Very cool. Tyler told us if e would have gone to the 9 am ward, we would have seen Danny Ainge, who is now the bishop of that ward. But we are glad to picked the 11 am ward to see Tyler.After church we decided to go see the Boston temple. Which is a beautiful temple and also has that New England charm.There is this Mormon church on the same property, so I decided I needed to go to the bathroom. We started to walk down to this church, and low and behold, it's Mitt Romney and his lovely wife, who were kind enough let us snap a quick photo and have a brief conversation. I'm still so bummed he is not going to be president!
Finally we ended up in Concord, Ma., which is a charming town just outside of Boston. This is the place where the Battle of Lexington and Concord happened, which is considered the initial conflict in the Revolutionary War, April 19, 1775.
Also known as the place where "the shot that was heard around the world" took place.
We have had a great time so far. Tomorrow is the big race. The reason we came. Good luck to all our runner friends, Heather, and my hubby Matt. I love you Matt and KICK BUTT!

10 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun. How pretty. I hope we can make it to Boston while we are back here. Good luck on the big run.

Brook

Alesha said...

Can we say jealous? Yes I am! What you like Boston better than Erie? haha! Hard to beat...it looks like you are doing so much fun stuff! Phil and I need to take a trip there! Coll that you saw Mitt...I am bummed too!

Julie said...

David and I really want to go to Boston too. And how great would it be to leave the kids home!!! Wow! Your trip sounds awesome so far. Just full of fun coincidences. Good luck on the big race. Run really really fast!!!

joanna said...

You're kidding! Crazy that you've seen everyone! Oh, everything just sounds so fun...and yes, both heather and Matt will kick butt! Yeah, good luck!

Hazen5 said...

What a trip!!! And so many brushes with fame. Rob is going to be so jealous you went to Fenway! Great Pictures.

510Jen said...

Lucky you! What a fun trip. Good luck Matt.

PS love your hair it looks great!

I love that you got to see his cousin and Mitt. What a trip.

The Larsons said...

We love Boston too. It was such a fun trip. Did you do the freedom trail too?! I think one of my favorite pictures of Cooper all-time is at the Boston temple. Let us know how Matt did! So glad you got a trip without kiddos! Looks like such a blast! You got to see a lot of famous people too! I think Fenway is my favorite baseball park. I love accents.

aubreyoni said...

fun trip! so how did matt do in the race? did you ever know Josh Romney? he was in our singles ward, but maybe that was after you left. he hung out with dave randall and pals. since then it's hard for me to think of romney and politics in the same sentence. i'm sure mitt is much sharper than his son, but josh was such an airhead(maybe he was just acting the part...he was a model, you know).

gregandlaura said...

How fun - you look so perfect in every picture! I am in love with you hair cut. :)

katie said...

Congrats to Matt! He is such a great runner. I don't think I will ever be able to run half as fast as he does! You go Matt. Michelle- I love your dress, way cute!