Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

Wow, Easter has come and gone. It feels a little weird and rushed having Easter in March. This year the Easter bunny came on Saturday. We even have proof. See below the rabbit tracks found outside our back porch on Saturday morning. He new we had church first thing Sunday morning, and he knows my kids WAY too well. There was be no way they could wait until AFTER church. It was too cold to go outside on Saturday at 7:30 am, so the Easter bunny hid all the baskets and goodies inside the house. Before I knew it, the hunt was over and they had their things and candy spralled all over the floor. Breakfast was chocolate, jelly beans, and gum.We had a nice Easter Sunday. Matt and I talked in Sacrament and later we cooked a ham and some funeral potatoes (LOVE them), and had some friends over. The weather did warm up...a tad, so that we could have a mini egg hunt outside with all the kids. I tried so hard to take some cute Easter pictures of my kids, but it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to get them to stand nice, look at the camera, and smile all at the same time. So this is the best I got. I think Cole kind of looks like the Easter bunny with his teeth. Sometimes I call him bucky. Matt had the same teeth when he was a kid. Hope you all enjoyed Easter and were able to take a moment to reflect on the Atoning sacrifice of our Savior and the resurrection.

9 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

That was so much fun to get togeather on Easter. I know my kids definitely had a blast....

Brook

Sarah said...

such cute kids. i think the picture of the three turned out great. wish we lived a tad bit closer so we could get together. one of these days i am driving up there before you take off- hop thats OK with you. Have a good one.

Alesha said...

I actually think that is a really cute pic of the three of them! It would have been totally fun to come over! We ended up getting in Sunday afternoon and the Brown's let us come over empty handed. how nice! I am sad you cant make it to girls night, maybe we should plan another one for next week! PS I totally got a ticket today! HOW ANNOYING!

Karen said...

Cole is so Matt Jr.! What cute nephews and niece I have! We totally miss everyone on the holidays...we think about all of you that live outside of Utah often! Those are some serious bunny tracks too! Looks like your Easter was fun! Love you guys!

The Larsons said...

Love the Easter picture! I think it turned out adorable! Way to go speaking in church...we still haven't had to here in St. Louis...and only have 4 months left here (knock on wood!). You both are so fun to listen to. Wish I could have been there. :) Happy Easter!

Hazen5 said...

I think you and the kids did a good job with the picture! Your Easter was freezing, ours was 82 degrees!

GoatesGirl said...

Your kids are so cute! Looks like Easter was great for you. Sorry it was cold...I know you should move to AZ! =) I bet your talks were awesome. Wish I could've been there.

adrianne s. said...

The picture of your kids turned out perfectly- they all look sweet and innocent, just like they should! I love Cole's teeth! I can't believe how grown up your boys are already.

joanna said...

Whoa...you spoke on Easter sunday? Major pressure, but I'm sure it was awesome. And I agree with karen, Cole is Matt jr.
I thought the picture turned out great...very cute of all the kids!