Sunday, March 2, 2008

Satuday is a special day, it's the day to get ready for....UFC???

That's right we spent the day cleaning so Matt could get ready for fight night with the guys. Actually it was good excuse to do some long over due spring cleaning. Even Lily, Jack and Cole pitched in. They are so eager to help. The sad thing is, they actually make cleaning more work for me because I have to stop to help them and teach them. But I guess if I want them to learn sometime, I need to be patient with them and suck it up. I can only pray that when they get good at cleaning, they will still be eager to do it. Yea, right! Then we went and rented a couple of kid flicks so mom and the kids could watch movies (ignore that nasty picture of me) while "Boys Town" got ready for the testosterone kick they were looking forward to watching. I really don't understand UFC, or any fighting type sport for that matter. I mean, how fun is it to get hit in the face, get a broken nose and teeth, and roll around on the floor with another sweaty guy until you get knocked out. Call me crazy, but I don't get the fun of it. But, Matt enjoys it, and that is all that matters. He had a bunch of guys come over, pick up some burritos, and yell at each swing and kick to the head. By the way, those aren't beer bottles. They are the BEST sodas ever created. One of the guys brought over a case or two of Hank's Gourmet Vanilla Cream Soda and Orange Soda. I'm glad he had fun.

12 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Skip said he had a blast. I am with you, and dont see how that can be called entertainment. I guess we should let the guys have a night every once in a while.

Alesha said...

I am right there with you! I do NOT get it! Phil is obsessed. He came home the other day and said, I quote "my prayers have been answered, Matt is getting the UFC at his house" ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! haha, I guess whatever they like huh? PS I love that the kids were helping, how cute.

tj said...

Your boys are so cute! I know what you mean about helping clean. Bria begged to do the dishes today-what a mess!

thekerrclan said...

I came across your blog...how fun to see your cute family. At least Matt doesn't use the excuse that he HAS to watch UFC because it's good training for work! That is what Greg always says. :)
Happy birthday to the boys.

The Larsons said...

Looks like fun. :) I totally know what you mean about the kiddos helping clean. How can you say no? But, it really does make things challenging sometimes! It sounds like you guys adjusted fast and have some fun friends already. So happy for you!

sara said...

Ok, wait a minute Michelle. Didn't you just move into that house? You're telling me that you had a "much needed" spring cleaning. I don't believe it!! In my book you have to be in a house at least a year until you can qualify it as "much needed" :)

Haley said...

My Matt would have LOVED to have been there... ever since Matt introduced him to the UFC World he is on the search for some other diehards like your husband. No such luck... he misses him!
When's the next trip to St. George?????

The Bentley's said...

oh boys??? i don't understand why this is fun to them? oh well i guess they don't get the whole scrapbooking thing:)

Hazen5 said...

Why do Men love fighting so much? I think you looked cute in the picture, love your buckets of popcorn!!

joanna said...

Classic "boys town", we had boys town here too with the fight! And I definitly don't get it, but Jeff is obsessed. Cute kids, and it is a cute picture of you.

Nicole said...

Glad to know my husband isn't the only lds guy watching this. He order all the ppv's and when the free ones are on, he gets stoked! Keep warm up there!

Ashley said...

I love that picture of your cute boys cleaning.