Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Is it just me or is life just BUSY. We have been doing a little of this and a lot of that. Keeping busy and gearing up for summer. We had grandma and grandpa Young visit us in good ol' Erie, PA.
(Were you impressed G & G?). We took two days and headed up to Canada to visit Niagara Fall and Marine Land. At Marine Land the kids got to touch and feed the Beluga whales. Jack was FEARLESS on the rides. He went on everything that his height would allow him to go on. Lily and Cole were a different story. They are a bit more cautious when it comes to rides.
Then we headed up to Toronto to go to the Toronto Zoo and the most charming farm called Riverdale Farm. It is a MUST see and do if you go to Toronto. The kids had fun and it was a fun little get away with my mom and Ken.Where are we moving?? That has been the big question for about 2 months now. We thought and were hopeful that we would be moving west. As a matter of fact we were 99% sure we were. Then, GE decided to send us to Norwalk, Connecticut. Can I get any further east! Norwalk is basically a suburb of New York city. It is about 45 miles from Manhattan. Looks like we'll be spending the fall in the the New England area. I am excited about being close to NY, good shopping, living by the real beach, the fall leaves, and especially Lily starting kindergarten in Connecticut. Maybe I can even talk my friend Sarah in NJ to come visit with her kiddos or I can go to her house. Just another fun place to make memories.

Summer might finally be here on Thursday. Wehave been wearing jackets on and off still, but expect 94 degrees on Thursday. What happen to the 75 degree weather? We skipped that part. Oh well, I'll take what I can get to have some nice out door summer days.

14 comments:

adrianne s. said...

Congratulations on Connecticut! At least one more beautiful New England fall for you to enjoy before you head west! I'm impressed by how busy you stay!

Matt and Adge said...

Connecticut...yeah! When I was growing up I used to always tell people i wanted to live there when I grew up...obviously, that didn't happen. But my sister lives in Watertown and they love it! It is beautiful there...congrats! Is this move still just temporary?

It looks like you guys had fun with grandma and grandpa. It's nice to have so much so close by.

Alesha said...

That is exciting to know where you are going, although we are sad you arent staying! Sounds like you guys have been doing lots of fun stuff! When is the big move?

Sticks and Stones said...

Wow! You guys are crazy busy, always up to something fun. Good for you, one day Lily will realize her childhood was anything BUT boring! I don't know how you do it girl! I want to go to New York in the fall - maybe we can come visit???

Sticks and Stones said...

p.s. That pic of Lily & Jack with the ape is disturbing - it is like it should be Cole but he got real hairy all of a sudden. You know that one day they (Lily & Jack) will tell Cole that was him and that they brought him home from the zoo. ;) (Sounds like something you would have said as a child.) And is Lily a little Michelle or what??? What cute kids!

The Johnson Family said...

The pictures show that you had tons of fun. It is always nice when family comes and visits.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Ontario. Residing in Ontario (about 3 hours from Niagara), we did the Marineland thing a few years back with our children.

Although I wasn't very impressed with the rides, it was an overall great day had by all.

Feel free to pop by and say hello.

Sarah said...

You know it girl.. I WILL come and visit you and can't wait. YOu name the date and I am there. I hope towards the end of the summer before Jacob is back in school we can make it up there.
FUn times it looks like you had. Your kids are getting so big. Lily is just a doll.

Kandice said...

come by; i'm having a drawing for a free pair of earrings! enter :) thanks lots!

MarcieB said...

Happened across your blog because it mentioned Norwalk, CT - my home town. If you'd like some first-hand info about the area (Full disclosure, I don't just live here - I'm also a REALTOR.) I would be happy to help with no obligation. :)

katie said...

We'll have to come visit you. We've been wanting to take a trip to NY. Maybe next move we can get you guys closer-WEST!!

thekerrclan said...

Congratulations on Connecticut!

Totally a sidenote...but did you need to get passports to go to Niagara? My parents are coming for Cannon's baptism this summer and we want to go...but not if I have to get passports for everyone!

510Jen said...

Lucky you! I would love to live back there. I wish I lived closer I would be there in a second. Congrats. When are you going to be done with all of these moves! Oh how beautiful the fall will be.

sara said...

Congrats on the move to Connecticut. You'll love it. So much fun to be there in the fall. Good luck with yet another move!! I'm sure you'll be so sad to leave Erie. :)