Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun In The Rain

We have been trying to enjoy summer here in Erie. We had one good warm week, and since then it has still been cooler and VERY VERY rainy. The rain hasn't stopped us from having fun though. We went on a hike about a week ago, in the rain, with some friends in an area around here called Asbury Woods. Matt calls it his "little piece of heaven" in Erie. It's great for trail running, mountain biking, and playing in this fun river. As we were hiking around the other day, Jack started screaming at the top of his lungs. He was a little further ahead with Matt, so I just assumed he had fallen and gotten a little hurt. Apparently Jack had spotted a pretty big snake and Matt was standing over it and didn't even know until Jack started screaming. The snake quickly slithered away, but it gave Jack a good scare. We actually have a lot of critters and animals around us. We have seen deer, wild turkey, rabbits, and even this frog in our backyard. It's very fun for the kids. Not letting the rain stop us from playing outside, the kids each picked out an umbrella. Jack got Batman, Cole got Spider Man, and Lily of course, got a princess one.
So that sums up life in Erie. We are hoping the sun will shine soon and we can enjoy some beach days.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I love that you had a frog in your yard! We have seen rabbits, skunks, and raccoons, but no frogs. I bet your kids loved that!

thekerrclan said...

What a cute family picture!

The Johnson Family said...

That was so much fun, playing in the river. I am with you that Erie weather is crazy. I can sum our weather up with one word RAIN.
Those umbrellas were a good investment.

Haley said...

Love the family pic, you guys look great.
Feel free to call with questions about Seattle... I don't know how much I can help though about areas because I haven't been living there for 9 years now. Wow, it's been that long? I could ask around to family because a lot live up there... I grew up more south of Seattle.
Any St. George adventures soon????

Alesha said...

I totally want to go to Asbury woods...and Laura and I were saying we want you to take some pics of our families out there! So cute! I love your boys. They always come sit by me in nursery and they are so sweet!

Rosander said...

That sound so fun! I love the rain, I know you're not thinking that it's so cool right now, but that is the #1 thing I miss about Ohio. Hope all is going well!

Hazen5 said...

I want a little piece of your Heaven! It's gorgeous up there.