Thursday, June 19, 2008

Moving to Connecticut....or NOT!

As you know, are next move was going to be to Connecticut. As a matter of fact we were supposed to move in 1 1/2 weeks. My girlfriend Brook and I went to Connecticut last week to find a house for us, we had sent money to our new landlord, and we were ready to go....until a late night e-mail.
2 days ago, our world got turned upside down and changed...in a good way. We were actually in the process of filling out our contract for our new home when Matt's phone buzzed for a new e-mail. Basically, it was his current business (GE Transportation, we were going to CT to work for a different GE business) offering him an unbelievable job opportunity that we could not refuse. They said if we would stay in Erie for 6 more month, they will move us ANYWHERE we want to live, Matt can work from home, and we won't have to move anymore. I about fell off my chair. We...I, have been dying to move west for 5 years now. I miss being close to family and having my children close to grandparents and cousins. Finally we will get what we want. We are getting vibes that they want us to live in a port city, which is fine by me just to get west. Anywhere along the Cali. coast (most likely a bit out of our price range), Portland, or Seattle seem like front runners. We are actually hoping to FINALLY buy a house. My kids...and I want a dog so bad. So that's it. 6 more months in Erie, and we are heading west. Can you tell I am excited! We'll keep you posted as to where we are moving in December.
Anyways, my house hunting trip was fun and Connecticut would have been very cool. While I was there with my friend Brook, we took a quick 45 minute train ride into New York City where we went to the Twin Towers, saw the Broadway Legally Blond (fabulous and funny), did a little window shopping and then ended the evening at one of my favorite New York hot spots, Serendipity for some frozen hot chocolate.

16 comments:

thekerrclan said...

Wow! Congratulations! I can't believe people actually get offers like that. So cool.

So now I am totally confused. The lady at the post office told me yesterday that passports aren't required for Niagara until 2009. She said drivers licenses and birth certificates were sufficient. It seems that every website I look up, or newspaper article I read, or person I talk too (like the post office) who is supposed to know -- gives me a different answer! I have a fear about not being allowed back into the country!

Sarah said...

SNIFF SNIFF... I was so looking forward to you being close to me BUT am thrilled for the offer you guys got. I know how bad you have wanted to get back West and now you have the chance. I am sure all your friends in Erie are so excited to have you around. Well, just looks like we will have to take a little longer road trip to come see you.

The Johnson Family said...

I am sooooo excited that you guys get to hang out, with us, in Erie a little longer.
I totally loved going on this house hunting trip with you and NYC was a blast.

joanna said...

you are kidding?!? we want you to move west too! that is way closer for us to visit! legally blonde sounds way fun, totally something i would love!
again, i am very excited!

Jennifer said...

How awesome is that?!?! Congrats! Sounds like a great offer - perfect, in fact!

cabrenchley said...

That is great news! Maybe you can come visit AZ someday! It would be fun to hang out again! It looks like you had fun in NY! I need a girls trip. Keep me posted on the latest. Cute blog. I have checked it lateley but was having problems being able to post or comment for a couple of months.

Hazen5 said...

Okay Michelle, Don't count out San Diego yet!!! Come down here and visit us and see what you guys think, for real.

Lucky you, a girl's trip to NYC! We saw Legally Blond on our last trip out!

loree2000 said...

Sounds great! I would miss not being around family too!

sara said...

Oh man. That is so great!!! What an offer. I'm so happy for you guys. It's worth the 6 month wait!

adrianne s. said...

Wow! How perfect! You must be doing something right to have things work out so well for you so keep it up! I'm so happy for you!

510Jen said...

Congrats Michelle! I am so excited for your family. We will meet you out west 6 months later.

What a blessing.

NY looked like a blast we just got back from Chicago don't you just LOVE big cities.

Matt and Adge said...

That is unbelieveable! Congratulations! I love Reno, but i have to admit, to be able to move to the East where most my family is would be almost too good to be true...so I can understand how exciting this must be for you. YEAH!!

Alesha said...

I am happy you will be here still! YAHOO! And even more happy you will get to move west and be done moving! DOUBLE YAHOO! Fun trip to NYC...so jealous! PS I got your message sorry I never called you back...had not a lot of service. Anway you are cute, no worries about the party.

The Bentley's said...

yeah for out west!! what an opportunity! that is really exciting!

Rosander said...

I'm so glad I came across your blog. Now I feel like I can keep up with what you're doing and what is going on in your life. We don't see you much and it's fun to keep in touch. We miss you and hope you're doing well. Love, Lindsay Baird Rosander

gregandlaura said...

Wow! I can't believe that!! that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys - moving is awful! Congrats!