Monday, May 5, 2008

Baird Happenings

We have been crazy busy with traveling, work, play, company, etc. I thought I would share pictures of some of the fun things we have been doing. A little over a week ago we went to Palmyra with Papa and Mimi. It is about a 3 hour drive into New York. Trying to have a reverent moment with 3 small kids was not going to happen, but I am so glad I was able to take my kids their. Especially Lily who is starting to know and understand more about Joesph Smith and church history. These pictures were taken at the Sacred Grove visiting center. This is a nice green hill that Jack found . The other two are of Lily walking towards the Sacred Grove and Cole looking out towards the Grove. We have some pretty good winds here in Erie, which is great for kite flying. Mimi and papa bought these kites at the dollar store. They flew pretty good for dollar kites. The kids thought they were pretty cool flying kites while lying down.Matt and I have always talked about buying a canoe. So, we finally bought our canoe. Lake Erie is about 5 miles from our house (hence the city being called "Erie"). And it is great canoing territory.The kids put on their new "boat coats" (that's what Jack calls the life jackets) and we went out on a fun family outing. Cole basically freaked out the entire first half of the trip out. We kept telling him to "shoosh" because there were a lot fisherman around that probably didn't appreciate a little kid screaming at the top of his lungs, "The boat is going to tip. We gonna fall in!" There were all these turtles sunny on logs and branches out in the water. Cole loved that, so by the second half of the trip he decided it was kind of fun. That's about it. We are just waiting to hear where our next move is. We hope to know by Friday. The possibilities are Austin, TX, Scottsdale, AZ, and Seattle, WA. We are pretty excited about all the cities. I have endured Erie (actually it hasn't been that bad thanks to good friends we have made), so now it's time for a good location. We'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

The Larsons said...

So fun! You are brave to canoe with three little ones. I would be thinking I was going to tip too! :) I love the water though! So fun!!! You really have seemed to make the most of Erie. It is probably a good motivation to get out and do things since you're only living in each place 6 months. That is how we've felt here too. Only a year...so get all the site seeing in! I am so excited to hear where you'll be moving next!

The Larsons said...

PS. I think I'd enjoy all of those places more that Kansas City...where we're headed for the next 2 years! :)

Hazen5 said...

Michelle, You are a great photographer! And I am jealous of your trip to the Sacred Grove.

Next year you have to go to Women's Conf. so we can meet up and play!

The Johnson Family said...

That canoe looks awesome. So much fun!!
Brook

Haley said...

OOOOOooh my vote is Seattle so I can come visit family and you guys too! And if it's over the summer, it'll be nice there! I'm so excited to hear...
Your adventures look so fun!

Sticks and Stones said...

What a great idea! The canoe looks fun. I am excited for you guys to be a little closer to "home" - hopefully we can see you more if you are sent out west. Fun memories of Seattle... I hope no homeless people yell at you on the bus! (Do you remember that guy?) Any of those cities sound great. Looking forward to hearing more.

loree2000 said...

What a fun looking canoe outing! Love your photos!

P.s. I still can't get my photos to work like I want them to. I love the way they look when you can arrange them different ways!