Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baird Happenings

The other day we went for a drive with out friends the Johnsons and found this place "where birds walk on fish" . There are so many fish in this one spot that birds can literally walk on them. It is actually a quite disgusting site as all these fish pil on top of each other with their mouths opened, begging for bread from the tourists.. You can see by Cole's face that even he thought it was a little gross.Photobucket
We also have been able to go to the beach as the weather has been getting better. It was still too cold to swim, but not to cold to play in the sand, throw rocks and find treasures.Beach Spring 2009
And finally, we have this little treat in one of the trees in our front yard. I had been watching this sweet little mommy robin for the past couple of weeks build a little nest. Then one day I saw a blue egg in it, the next day two, then three and today 4 eggs. She is quite a diligent little mama sitting on these eggs. I'm sure she doesn't like it much as I make my daily visit to the nest to see what is going on. The kids enjoy it too. I can't wait to see the babies and will post pictures when they arrive!
Nest Spring 2009

9 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

That was so much fun to go see that lake and fish...something I have for sure never seen.

Alesha said...

That is kinda sick. I am missing the beach looking at your pics. And how cute to have a little bird in your tree. I cant wait to see the babies! How long are you guys gonna be in Erie?

Lacey Robinson said...

How fun! Breckon would love the fish...where did you go?

Haley said...

Those fish look nasty, but fun to see! The kids look so big and I love seeing that nest. Beautiful egg color. Can't wait to see NYC trip!

Jodi said...

What a bunch of fun! The fish look kinda creepy but defiantly a site to see. We also are loving the sunshine and the beach, even with a jacket! Your kids are so dang cute!
Reagan want you to update us as the eggs hatch. How fun!

Aly G said...

Oh my! I have never seen anything like it! Did it smell? Good pics, you must have a good camera! Love your blog design too.

Hazen5 said...

I am with Cole... Yuck! Can't wait to see the baby birds.

Rosander said...

Love all of the fish... totally reminds me of lake powell. You have the cutest kids! What great pictures! You have a real talent!

thekerrclan said...

I love watching birds and their nests. As for the fish...kind of crazy!