Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New York, Mother's Day and Birdies, Oh My

Two weekends ago we went to NCY to one of Matt's high school friends, Todd's wedding. NYC is only about 7 hours away, so wee packed up the kiddos and headed to the big city. We got a lot in, in just 2 days. We went to the Manhatten Zoo in central park, went Toys R' Us, which is 4 stories and has a ride in it and a life size dinosaur. The kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. Then we went to the wedding which it down poured. I thought it was kind of fun, but I am sure Todd's wife , the bride, was devastated. Then we decided to go see Mary Poppins the Broadway. The kids loved it and we still have all the songs in our heads.Matt and his high school friends at the wedding. Todd is the one in the green tie.

Jack and Matt in Central Park
The kids in Central Park
On the subway
At Central Park Zoo
At Central Park Zoo
The Big City
Getting ready to see the big showSitting in the theatre
Mother's Day was so nice. Matt and the kids brought me breakfast in bed. Lily had buttered one of the pieces of toast and it still had big chunks of butter on it when they brought it to me. It was so cute. I wish I had gotten a picture. The kids gave me so many fun things they had made at school and Matt and the kids gave me a huge hanging pot of flowers and a huge sitting pot. They are so pretty. Here is a picture of me and the kids right before church on Mother's Day. I am a spoiled mom and have the best kids in the world. I hope that they forgive me one day for all my inadequacies and all the times I yell at them. I just love how Lily, Jack, and Cole have so much unconditional love towards me and can be sad at me one minute, and the very next minute are my best friend. I wish I could be more like them. I love being their mom and feel so blessed by them each day.
Finally, remember those Robin eggs from my previous post? Well, today they hatch...still waiting for one more. Here is a quick picture I took a minute ago. I'll take more as they grow.
We are heading to Miami tomorrow to run in a 100 mile relay from Miami to the end of the keys. I'll post when we return!

6 comments:

Hazen5 said...

Happy Mother's Day! Boy, you did get spoiled.
Looks like you had a blast in NYC. I think I am going to give it a couple more years till we take the kids. Payton, the 6 yr. old still asks to be carried! And I am not carrying a 45 lb.. child on the streets of NY.

Love the picture of the baby bird!

joanna said...

oh, how i love all these pics...sounds like it's been lots of fun. good luck with the race-you guys will do awesome!
and then we'll see matt in june-yeah!!! wish you all were coming.

GoatesGirl said...

Looks like fun time in NYC. I love going there and can't wait to take my kids.

Good luck with your race.

Jodi said...

Looks like you guys have been busy having a lot of fun! Glad you had a nice mothers day! Hope the run went well! You have a beautiful family, dang cute kids!

Lacey Robinson said...

What a beautiful place to have a wedding!! Your trip looks so fun...I am really itching to go somewhere!!! I need to call you to see how the 100 miler went!!!

Ashley said...

We are planning to go to New York in the near future. Any destination suggestions? Looks like you guys had a great trip.