Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter was fabulous at the Baird's we had Mimi with us and the kids had a fun time. On Saturday we dyed eggs. This year I used real food coloring and vinegar instead of one of those kits, and we got the brightest colored eggs. It was a lot of fun, but now my kids won't eat them!


On Sunday morning, the kids came down the stairs and noticed the Easter bunny had hid eggs and surprises all over the house. The Easter bunny was very kind this year.
Finally, we got ready for church. The weather was beautiful, but cold, so we didn't get a lot of outside pictures. I love Easter Sunday at church. It is the first year Jack and Cole kind of understood the resurrection, and they were able to come home and explain it to us during dinner.
What is Easter without an Easter ham. Honey Baked Ham, funeral potatoes and asparagus is our traditional Easter dinner. It was YUMMY!

11 comments:

Alesha said...

Your dinner sounds delicious! I thought about doing just the regular old food coloring thing this year, but really do the eggs taste like it? Phil was to worried about it to try! haha

Levi and Suzi said...

Your eggs turned out so good! Way to go! I love your family picture! You have the cutest kids!

Jenn Elton said...

good job getting a family picture! Our day was so chaotic i just forgot.

Lacey Robinson said...

Your easter eggs look great! I tried using red onion skins & vinager (the natural approach) but my eggs were barely tinted...they looked dirty! Finally I added several drops of food coloring and they were amazing!!! Love the family picture!

Ashley said...

What an adorable family!

Tracey said...

It was great to hear from you because then I took some time to read up on your blog. Your kids are so cute, I can't believe the boys are 4!! Bike riding sounds great, like you said, just wait and they'll do it eventually! I'm glad your business is doing so well. I was thinking of you the other day because we are getting Danica into speech therapy because she has a hard time saying a lot of different sounds. Hopefully it will help, I think the way she talks is adorable but it can't last forever!

Rosander said...

I love those pictures of the eggs. That is so cool. I Love the family picture. Such a good looking family... how could it be anything but amazing? Sounds like dinner was yummy and that this Easter was a good one for you.

Hazen5 said...

What a fun Easter! Our Easter bunny needs to hide prizes around our house next year. I love your family picture!

GoatesGirl said...

Cute, cute. How do you use real food coloring? Anythng special, the eggs looks so vibrant. Kids are getting big, cute family!

510Jen said...

My kind of dinner. Cute family picture. Dang our kids are getting big. I'm with Tresure how do you use the food coloring?

adrianne s. said...

Such cute pictures, as usual!! I noticed the kite by LIly- I hope that it wasn't an inflatable kite like the one we got Gracie. It goes up, but comes right back down with no flying time at all