Thursday, October 9, 2008

Completed Marathon...Check

One more thing to check off my list of things to do before I die. The marathon was AWESOME. It rained the entire time I ran, but I can't complain. I hoped and prayed for a cold day to run in. I run much better in the cold than in the heat. My time was slow (4:39:58) which averages out to about a 10 minute 40 second mile, but I finished. I started out doing around 8-9 minute miles, but when the pain set in around mile 20, I slowed to about 12 minute miles. Matt of course killed it again. Another Boston qualifying time of 3:15:40. Matt's sisters Heather and Joanna also ran and kicked butt! You girls are awesome! The day after the race I hobbled around like a little old lady, but it was worth it. Would I do it again? 100% yes...BUT, I need a running group. I'm tired of doing long runs all by my self.
Marathon 08
The rest of the St. George trip was fun as well. We were not stop with fun, fun, and more fun. The kids loved hanging out with my mom's horses, swimming in my grandma's pool (Omi, as the kids call her), fishing, and and visiting with good friends. We were able to get together with Matt and Haley Hammons. We didn't get any pictures with them, dang it! And then we saw Laurie for our annual visit to the Olive Garden for Millie's birthday.
St. George 08
Omi's Pool
Fishing 08
Millie's Birthday 08
We also got to see and visit my grandpa. He is 86 years old and lives in an assisted living. He has dementia pretty bad and doesn't remember me too well, but we love him and enjoyed seeing him. Jack took a particular liking to him, and had no problem sitting on papa's lap. I know my grandpa enjoyed seeing the kids. As the adults talked, Lily, Jack, and Cole found entertainment with my grandpa's walkers We had to put a stop to it when they started taking other old folk's walkers as well!
Opi 08
Here are just a couple of pictures of Jack and Cole on our trip that I liked.
Jack and Cole 08
Fun times and good memories.

18 comments:

Jenn said...

You are amazing Michelle. Congratulations on your accomplishment!

The Johnson Family said...

Awesome job. I would have died on the first mile. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Alesha said...

Good Job Michelle! I am so proud. I am seriosuly a little sad that I didn't do it with you! I love the pic of Lily jumping in the pool! TOO CUTE!

The Brereton Family! said...

Congratulations you two! Way to go what an awesome thing to do. I'll stick to my 10k and 5k's instead.

Lisa P. said...

That is an awesome time! Good for you!

Laurie said...

It was soooooo fun to see you guys! Wished we could see you mroe often...perhaps when you're not in the middle of nowhere we'll be able to vist more frequently. Thanks for making my little girls bday the best!

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Michelle..
Not only are you beautiful and talented...you are athletic too!!!
Way to Go!!!!!

My brother just drove from Idaho to Utah to pick up my Vintage travel trailer.
You can see her on my blog.

I have a banner I need..sort of like my Etsy but different dimensions. I t is for lollipop Shops that is opening in Nov.

I will email you with the dimensions......think the only thing that would be different is we would add a Pink lollipop with a black gingham ribbon and the poodle.....Eifel Tower and rose if it fits :)

Talk to you soon~Sheri

Hazen5 said...

Michelle, you are my idol! You should be soooo proud of yourself.
I cringe at the thought of a 5K!

tj said...

I've been looking for your post to see how it went. Congratulations!! Love the pics!

sara said...

Wow--Impressive. I'm so amazed that you set your mind to it and accomplished your goal. Way to go!

loree2000 said...

WTG Michelle!!! Yep, I would've been dead between the 1-5 mile marker!! :)

What is your next goal?

McKenzie said...

Good Job Michelle! It looks & sounds like you all had a fantastic time.

510Jen said...

Great job Michelle. You did great. Glad you were able to the Hammons and Laurie. Great pics!

Ashley said...

Way to go Michelle. Hope to run with you soon. Cute blog and family. I look forward to the Turkey trot!

The Bentley's said...

yeah for finishing! you are amazing. what an accomplishment!

thekerrclan said...

You Rock! That is awesome!

Rosander said...

Way to go!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a blast and that the marathon went well. That is awesome! I love that your kids are adventurous enough to try to borrow other walkers. Thats awesome.

GoatesGirl said...

YOu did awesome! That is so great. I can't believe you trained alone. That would've killed me! Great accomplishment...what's next?