Monday, February 4, 2008

Our New Prophet

I know I keep posting about all that is happening in my church lately, but because I don't scrapbook or keep a journal, this is my place for my memories. So I just wanted to post this picture of the new first presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.Thomas S. Monson is the new president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it was announced today at a news conference in the Church Office Building. President Monson, 80, succeeds President Gordon B. Hinckley, who died 27 January 2008.The new world leader of the Church has called to serve with him in the First Presidency, the top governing body of the 13-million-member faith, President Henry B. Eyring, 74, first counselor, and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 67, second counselor.
President Boyd K. Packer, 83, is the new president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. The vacancy in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be filled later.

5 comments:

The Larsons said...

Thanks for sharing that picture! It is neat to see the changes taking place. I didn't anticipate President Uchtdorf at all, but it is right, I'm sure. I am the same about using my blog as my journal. There are some companies that make hard-bound books of your blog, and I think I am going to start doing that for my journal and family history. Never apologize!

Hazen5 said...

I think this is a perfect way to journal and your kids will treasure this one day! I love your new look. You are still the Shabby Queen!

The Johnson Family said...

You have been tagged.

The Bentley's said...

that is such a neat picture! where did you find it?? it's probably just on the church website! thanks

Ashley said...

Hey Michelle! I hope you don't mind me checking out your neat blog. (In case you are wondering who this is, it's Matt's cousin Ashley). I have a blog too, and used that same picture on mine. My husband Chad actually does web design for Deseret Book and designed that picture. (So for those wondering that is where the picture was www.deseretbook.com but I'm sure it has been changed now.)

Well, fun to see your blog and what you are up to. Cute family!