Thursday, November 8, 2007

SHOOT Me Now!

It's official. We are moving to Erie, Pennsylvania. If I had to make a list of the WORST places in the U.S. to live, Erie would be at the very top...if not the top. It's a good thing I love my husband soooooo much and that it is only for 6 months, because in another situation, this could be grounds for divorce. (Matt, I'm justing kidding, you know I love you to death!) For those of you who don't know much...or anything about Erie, it's a small city (100,000 people) on the very very north western tip of Pennsylvania. They are known for their brutal lake effect winters and Splash Lagoon indoor water park(many of you Clevelanders may have been their). It is an old city with not a lot of growth (NO growth)...except for us, and an average winter temp. of 28 degrees. Should be a good time for a SAHM with three small kids in the winter. Nothing to do but potty train two little boys.
O.K. now that I have released all the negative feelings I have about this move, I promise not to complain about it anymore (except to Matt). In all reality, it is just another great adventure in our lives. No matter where we go or what we do, we have a great family and always seem to make great memories wherever we are. I am already looking forward the following rotation move in June. Maybe Huntington Beach?! Wouldn't that be great.
Any condolences appreciated.

11 comments:

Matt and Adge said...

Yikes, that sounds like a fun place :). I've actually only driven through, but i don't envy you being anywhere near lake erie during the winter time. when do you move??

510Jen said...

Oh no Michelle. I have been there to Splash Lagoon. You can do it. You can do anything for just 6 months right? I will call you tommorrow.

The Bentley's said...

i'm so sorry:) maybey you can get season passes to splash lagoon... we only went twice but we loved it. and hey six months isn't bad. you deserve wife of the year for tagging along though!!

Court said...

Hi, I saw what you did with Bridget and Dustins blog and I love it. I was looking at your other templates and love the "Noel" one for Christmas. What do I need to do to download the template to my blogspot page? Thanks, Courtney
fisherfamilyfun04.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Hi, I'm Bridget's friend. I love your Blog Templates you have created. I really like the "Pearl" one. Can you email me at mmglover7@msn.com your info about it.
Thanks!

GoatesGirl said...

That's right, Splash Lagoon is there..so fun! I wanna come visit and go there. Not that I wouldn't visit you any place else but at least that way you wouldn't have 6 extra people at your house!

The Atwood's said...

No way! Splash Lagoon is my favorite! You're so lucky! (is that helping at all?) It really is my favorite waterpark out here. When do you move there?

tj said...

I feel for you Michelle but at least it's only 6 months. Who knows, maybe you'll love it and not want to leave!

sara said...

you can handle anything for six months, right? I'm sure you'll make the most of it. That's just how you are.
Good luck with the move!

Haley said...

So sorry Michelle! It is only 6 months... and season passes to Lagoon sound like fun. When is the big move? After the first of the year? We didn't make it to Chicago-- and I really am not sure if we will make it to Erie...sorry.

Sydney said...

Season tickets to splash lagoon and a YW from the ward who will go with you and you can make it through! 6 months is nothing!