Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Never Forget September 11, 2001



Again it comes, for the sixth time now -- 2,191 days after that awful morning. I remember exactly what I was doing, where I was the the entire events of the day. I will always remember that devastating day in history. On that day our president, George W. Bush stated,

"Time is passing. Yet for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family who lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children."

May God bless this country and watch over us through the calamities of the world. I love this country and am thankful for all those who fight and defend for our freedoms and safety.


1 comments:

The Larsons said...

I was studying at BYU and remember everyone stopped around the tvs. Crazy! It gives me the chills everytime I think about it. It was interesting to answer some of Cooper's questions this year...he is finally old enough to start appreciating our freedom. I tell ya, being in the Air Force gives me a whole new appreciation for all those I meet whose husbands are deployed. They are all amazing men and supportive families, and surprisingly most of them think of it as a privilage. We are so blessed!