Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We Are Alive

It's been a long time since my last post, but for good reason. A few weeks ago, we got a phone call from Matt's work. They had a job available in the west coast and wanted to know if we were interested. Interested is an understatement! Of course we're interested. We've been trying to get west for a while now, and FINALLY we made it. So where did we move? Sacramento, California. How awesome is that!. We'll be living in Folsom, a suburb of Sacrament. So as you can imagine, since the phone call everything has been a whirlwind. Between Lily finishing school, our anniversary, the 4th of July and then the move we've been MIA. We are currenlty living at the Residence Inn. Gotta love breakfast every morning and no cleaning. Our stuff will arrive next week.
We went to church last Sunday. I LOVE the wards out here!. Everyone has been awesome inviting us over for dinner, to the park and swimming. I think we are going to like it here. We met a great family who has invited us over to swim twice and to dinner. They have two girls Lily's age, which has been a blessing since she was so sad to leave her Erie friends. Here are a few pictures of the kids swimming.

Photobucket
Lily and Friends
Boys Swimming

18 comments:

Hazen5 said...

What????!!! Now you move to No. Cal. when we move. At least we have you in the same state now. I hope everything is going well with the move and are very happy in Folsom!

Kim in PA said...

You left and I didn't get to say good-bye! :(
At least I had a nice dream that I got one last hug from the kids!
Hope everything works out for you and that you get settled soon.
Kim

The Brereton Family! said...

Yeah! That's great to hear you are now out west and closer. Good luck with getting settled in.

Sarah said...

darn it- never made it up there for a visit. I am so sad for us but so HAPPY for you guys. Yeah for the West. Can't wait for us to get there in 2 years (and counting). Hope you get settled soon and the transition goes smooth.

Nicole Brown said...

You got some cute pictures! We will have you over again when you get back from Tahoe.

The Johnson Family said...

I am glad you are meeting people. It sounds like it is great. We miss you already!

Matt and Adge said...

sacramento?? you're a mere 2 hours from reno! and even less to from tahoe! my friends and I visit the folsom outlets and ikea every fall. congrats on the new job and welcome to the west!

Jenn said...

Michelle - I am so excited to meet you! I live here in Folsom (in your new ward) and Nicole told me about you. Welcome to California! Not sure if I'll be there Sunday - I'm due to have a baby in one week, but I hope you enjoy the new ward and Folsom. Jenn Karford

Carolee said...

We miss you guys but are glad to hear things are going well!

Lacey Robinson said...

Residence Inn & hot breakfast sound pretty good...glad u are loving it so far...any running?

W.W. said...

Ok, SO funny that you have moved b/c we JUST drove past Erie, PA this week on the way to Kirtland and I totally thought of you. Little did I know you weren't even THERE!

Laurie said...

Woohoooo! YEA! That is soo much cloaser...adn even closer than Portland. So how the heck do we find you?

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

So glad you all made it safe and sound.....
Will be checking in with you,(have some new ideas~LOL) and since my best buddy lives close to you..hoping we can actually meet one day :)

The Bentley's said...

wow!!! that is awesome! good for you guys. There is just something about the west. hopefully matt is likeing his job!! can't wait to see the house:)

thekerrclan said...

congrats! -- Busy summer.

Aaron and Niki Ganz said...

Glad to hear that you are having such a fun time. How cool that you've met some good friends so fast!

The Larsons said...

Busy, fun, exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it!

katie said...

YEAH-I am sure you are LOVING being WEST!!! Hope everything goes well, can't wait to see more pictures.