Wednesday, February 18, 2009

St. George

We just got back from a fabulous trip to St. George. We went to celebrate my grandma's 82nd birthday. Her birthday just happens to be on Valentine's Day. That holiday represents her so well. She is the kindest, most loving person I know. We enjoyed being with her on her special day.
HapPy BIrThdAy GraNDma!
When you have a Valentine birthday, you get Valentine cupcakes!
My grandpa lives in an assisted living. He cracks me up and we love him so much. He pretty much is...well old, and doesn't even remember who I am anymore. We went to the Chuck-a-rama (always a St. George treat!). I sat next to him, and he leaned over to my grandma and said, "who is that lady sitting next to me". He was serious, but it made me laugh. We went to the park. (Sorry Haley, we went at the last minute or I would have called)Even I joined in the fun.Went out to eat with our great friends from Cleveland.Swam in Omi's pool.
Played in my mom's hot tub.And tortured my mom's cat. Seriously, this poor cat was mauled all weekend long, but I think he likes it. My kids love this cat. I don't even know it's real name, but my kids call him meow meow (original.)
It really was a nice get away. The weather was great, family and friends to be with, and great food.

7 comments:

adrianne s. said...

THe St. George Chuck-a-rama is a popular hang out for the seniors, right? I remember going there with Jared's grandparents and to Paula's- that was his grandma's favorite!! What a fun trip and lucky you to be able to see family and friends!!

Rosander said...

Wow 82. She looks so good! What a fun trip. I bet your kids loved it. That is so much fun! I hope your doing well. We think about you all the time!

Haley said...

I'm so glad we got to meet up with you guys. It's all good about the park, how did you like it? I think it's pretty fun! Those trips to St. George are just too short to have enough time to play. At least you got to enjoy some sun!

Hazen5 said...

I have been waiting to read a new post!!

What sweet pictures of your grandma! She looks great. When are you guys coming to Cali to visit?!

Carolee said...

I was wondering where you were:) Glad you had a fun time. Try to make it to my house on Mondays for The Bachelor, only 2 episodes left!!

loree2000 said...

So glad you had a great time!! Your photos speak volumes!

jolyne77 said...

Don't you just love the Grands!!??
How special that was for you guys...how awesome!!

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Hey, I almost called you the other day, I completely messed up my blog and was just about hopeless, when I just went ahead and well...I wrecked both...then wiped out the other. ooops. ;-) serves me right for tryin' to keep up with the Bloggin' Jones'! ;-) HA