Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bitter Sweet Day

Today Lily started full day Kindergarten. It is kind of a bitter sweet day for me. Seems like I have been dying to have her go to school and be occupied and busy on a daily basis, but today when it came right down to it, it was harder for me than I thought. I guess I should have known when I got teary eyed from a WalMart commercial the other day about a little girl going away on her first day of school. Pathetic...I know. But this morning she was all smiles as she put on one of her school outfits, packed her lunch and stepped onto the bus. We are so proud of her and excited for her to learn new things and make new friends. Maybe by the end of the year she'll be reading me bedtime stories.
Photobucket
Bus
Here is a picture of her lunch. For those of you who know Lily and her eating habits, YES, that is a smoothie in her lunch. I never would have guessed we'd still be relying on the smoothies as a main part of her diet. And isn't her lunch purse cute...or as Lily would say, "it's sassy." It looks like a purse, but it's a lunch holder.
Lily's Lunch
The boys started preschool today. They are pretty excited too, but Jack was pretty upset that Lily got to take a bus to school and he had to drive in the family car.
Boys First Day 2008
Here's to a great school year. I am proud of my three kiddos.
Photobucket

11 comments:

The Larsons said...

So love this post. So love kids growing up and learning. So hate kids growing up too. Sad they can't stay little forever. Glad they can't stay little forever. Yours are so cute. Congrats to Lily... who once was the little toddler learning to walk in the Young Women's room of the Shaker Heights Ward. Sigh.

Family Facts said...

Michelle,
I know these kids grow up sooo fast. We have to enjoy each day with them. I love the pictures!

Sarah said...

wow... what are you going to do with ALL your free time kidless for a few hours a day... I can only imagine. what adorable kids and so big. I love that Lily is STILL drinking her smoothies out of the SAME sippy.

my boys don't start for another week... soaking in the last few lazy summer days.

let's plan a fall visit- maybe during a break my boys have.... what do you think?

Alesha said...

OF course Lily looks adorable as usual. I wouldn't expect any less. I love her lunch and "lunch purse" how cute. And the pic of the three of them is adorable!

The Johnson Family said...

They all look so cute...ready for their first day of school. I totally love the picture of the three of them.
I think Casen totally loves that he gets to go on the bus to pick Lily up.
I am so glad they both had a good day!
PS....Doughnuts for breakfast in the morning at school, if Lily is interested.

Rosander said...

They are all so stinking cute! I always love looking at your photos. Do you just have a point and snap, or have you invested in a nice photographers camera?

510Jen said...

How cute is that? What are you going to do with all of your time. Hope she had a great day. She is going to do great and love it.

Hazen5 said...

Ugh! I feel your pain, in a few short days my kids are starting and Payton will be gone for the first time too. The pictures that capture their first day are adorable!

Lisa P. said...

that is the cutest purse/lunch bag. What a hip kindergartner:)

Sticks and Stones said...

oh - that pic from behind is precious! too cute! good luck in st george. i don't think we are going to make it, due to football. you rock! go get 'em. maybe i'll run it with ya next year ... or eat your dust anyway.

Ashley said...

You kids are so adorable. I love the great pictures too. What a fun time and great memories.