Thursday, July 31, 2008

July Has Come and Gone

Where does the time go? We have been busy having fun. I LOVE summer and we have been enjoying being together and doing fun things. Mid-month mimi and papa came to visit and we headed to Palmyra to see the Hill Comorah Pageant. This is the first time I have seen it even though we have lived this way for 5 years now. We ran into our friends, the Huntsmans. Travis was a companion of Matt's in Argentina. They have the cutest family and two of there kids are named Cole and Lily! Here is a picture of their family and then all our kids together.Then Matt and I headed to Portland on our first house hunting trip to our new...and permanent home. Yes, we have settled on Portland, and I am sooooooooo excited about it. This place is so awesome and beautiful. It has pine trees and mountains everywhere. Matt and I fell in love with it during our trip. Here is a couple of pictures of the neighborhood we hope to buy in or around. It is a growing area with two new elementary schools opening within a year. Fortunately for us, the housing market has crashed so bad, that we hope and think we will get into a home that is more than we ever could have imagined. We'll be heading back again in Oct./Nov. to look again and hopefully find "home sweet home", and then move in Dec./Jan.Jack got a new do. What do you think? We were in the process of giving the boys their new summer do's when Matt decided to stop at this point as a joke with Jack. Well, a week later, Jack still has his mohalk, but I am sure we will cut it soon. We don't want the neighbors and ward members to think we are too rockerish.We also went to this place in Erie called Waldameer Park. It is much like Lagoon, but on a smaller scale. The kids enjoyed blue slushies (as you can tell), riding rides(even Cole was brave this time and went on the log ride!), and eating too much junk food.So that is what has been going on the last two weeks. We hope all our friends and family are enjoying summer and family vacations. We are heading to New Port Beach Cali. next.

14 comments:

Haley said...

Fun, fun! You will love it in the Northwest, but we love having your family here so you come visit us here too.
Disney was really not that bad. One day out of the three it was, but just get there when it opens and you can get on a lot of rides before it gets too rushy. Toy Story in California adventure was our fav....it's the new one. The gates open early like 930am (it opens at 10am)just for lining up for that ride, but it really wasn't bad. Have tons of fun! If you have any other ??s just ask!

510Jen said...

Lucky Newport Beach can we come? I actually like Jacks hair why not?

Have fun on your Cali adventure.

adrianne s. said...

Oh my goodness! You guys never stop! I love Jack's new do! Very cute!

The Oswald Family said...

Michelle,
Very cool page. You don't know me but Rachel Hazen gave us your link. My husband is self described as the best "worst" friend your husband has ever had. Matt and Jason were good friends on the mission. Jason would love to have Matt's email to catch up.

Brandie Oswald

The Johnson Family said...

Talk about a busy summer, I am feeling that to. I love the weather in Erie right now (it actually feels like summer now).

Hazen5 said...

Portland, I was crossing my fingers for California!!! But, we are so happy for you guys. You have been so busy this summer. Seeing the Huntsman family must have been great.

We can't wait to see you guys, what are your exact dates for Cali? We will be on vacation Aug. 12-16. We HAVE to meet up!!!

Alesha said...

I have been wondering how the house hunting trip went! I am so excited for you guys! I have also been wanting to try out Waldameer.

Sydney said...

Congrats on deciding where you'll be forever! That's a huge decision. Sure looks like you guys are enjoying your summer in Erie.

The Larsons said...

Looks like lots of fun! Congrats on the BIG decision. Portland is only about 6 hours to Cd'A. We'll have to see you more! Do you think you'll build or buy an existing home?

I really like Jack's hair. Fun stuff. :)

Rosander said...

Wow you are always doing something fun! I actually really like Jacks hair! Your kids are just so cute! and Michelle, will you please give me a photography lesson, you think I'm kidding... I'm not! really I need all the help I can get!

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi There....
I just ordered your custom package for my blog. I have been thinking about it for awhile now and finally did it.
I am making updates to my site so I wanted a fresh blog look too.
I am excited and I love your work :)
Hope you are having a great summer.
Sheri & Sophee-a

Sarah said...

what a busy busy month you had. looks like you all had a blast. FUN for you that you FINALLY get to house hunt and find the perfect home for your family. WOW, you have decided on Portland. WHo knows, maybe we will join you there in 3 years. miss you a ton. Are we ever going to find a time to come see you before you are out of there? How far are you from Hershey Park?

Blatter said...

Your pictues look so fun! And your kids are adorable!

Aaron and Niki Ganz said...

Portland looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully you guys can find a great home on your next trip! It would be fun to see your pics of Maine. Do you have them posted anywhere? Take Care!