Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley (June 23, 1910 – January 27, 2008)

I awoke this morning to hear about the passing of our beloved prophet. I am a bit saddened as I think about his departure from this mortal existence, but I cannot help but rejoice as I visualize the great reunion with Our Heavenly Father and his sweet, sweet wife, Marjorie Hinckley.
I am so gratetful that Heavenly Father sent such a great, but humble man to earth to help teach and inspire me. He has accomplished a lot in our church history. There is a brief biography in wikipedia titled Gordon B. Hinckley that gives a few facts about his life as a prophet. According to origin.sltrib., during his nearly 13 years as president it’s said that Gordon gave more than 2,000 speeches, visited more than 150 countries, and greeted hundreds of diplomats and ambassadors. He was interviewed by journalists from nearly every major American newspaper, charming many with his folksy wisdom and self-deprecating humor.
I will miss this great man, but know he has been called home, and is needed to carry on the work with our Heavenly Father. He has touched my life, made me laugh, and inspired me to be better.

If you have any questions about the LDS church or any of President Hinckley's teachings, please visit: www.lds.org

1 comments:

Hazen5 said...

Our Family was sad as well. R.J. is having a tough time, he started to bawl when we told him. He said, "He was the only Prophet I have ever known!"