Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

The day started at 7:30 am (not bad) when Lily came into our room eager to see if Santa had come. We woke the boys up and headed down stairs. Looks like Santa thought they were pretty good, because the Christmas tree had tons of gifts under and around it. It was a total frenzy. Earlier in the week they had all picked out their own wrapping paper, which I gave to Santa, so they new which gifts were for them without asking. Of course after each gift is unwrapped, they want to open it. You know how it is, every toy is packaged so it is adult proof and our kids get their patients from me. So Matt and I are frantically twisting and pulling those wire things to get the toys out and putting together parts and pieces as fast as we can, while the kids are on top of us, telling us to hurry. I think they were all pretty excited and happy with the loot. As you can see by the pictures, the kids didn't even have time to change out of their pajamas all day. That would have taken away time from playing. It was just a relaxing day at home, watching the kids play, snacking and enjoying the family. Pretty good Christmas in my book. Through all the chaos, commercial, hustle and bustle of the season, I try hard to take moments and think about what it is all about. My heart is full as I think about Christ's life and what he did for me. I love the way President Gordon B. Hinckley expresses some thoughts of the Savior:

It is proper during this season when we commemorate His birth that we remember the Lord Jesus Christ in reverence and with love. He has done for us what we could not do for ourselves. He has brought meaning to our mortal existence. He has given us the gift of eternal life. He was and is the Son of God, who was “made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

God be thanked for the gift of His Son, the Redeemer of the world, the Savior of mankind, the Prince of Life and Peace, the Holy One.

I hope you all had a fun Christmas day with your families and loved ones. Only 365 days until next Christmas!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Miss you guys and hope your move goes well. Please tell Lily that I am osrry that she hasn't received any letters from Millie.But shhhhh....don;t tell Millie. I think Millie has faithfully written Lily at LEASt twince a week since this sumjmer. And last week there were 4 days in a row that she brought me envelopes, already sealed and ready to fo with Lily's name on them.. "Here mom, get in your email and get Lily's address. I need to mail this to her RIGHT now." While all of the other kids were writing letters to Santa, Millie wrote a letter to Lily. I am such a bad mom. Millie's picutres with Lily's name usually only make it as far as the counter and then into the "recycle bin". So my New Year's resolution this year is to try and mail at least every third letter Millie writes. One in 3 ain't bad...right? :) We all miss you guys so much! Let us know when you'll be out this way again.

Hazen5 said...

Glad you guys survived Christmas!!!! I loved your thoughts on the Savior. That is really what this holiday is about!

mamanicky said...

Saw on Matt's facebook update that it's snowing!! How's that while trying to move? Your Christmas looked familiar. We laughed about the stupid twisty ties they use to hold the toys in their packages. Travis said, "it's like cracking open Fort Knox." Hope you guys have a great New years!

510Jen said...

Looks like the kids had a great Christmas. I love the Noah's ark and pirates ship the boys got.

The Atwood's said...

So fun Michelle. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Hey, do you know how to change the blog design for Mac users? I know how to do it for pc but haven't been able to figure it out for my mac. So, you guys are moving again soon? I bet that stinks. You only have to do it for a little while though right?

cabrenchley said...

What a dreamy Christmas! I am right there with you on getting those toys out of the packaging and putting in batteries etc. You just can't do it fast enough. Good luck with the move.

Tracey said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas, it's so fun to be able to keep in touch this way! Good luck with the potty training, try to be optimistic, maybe they'll be naturals! :) Although the thought of potty training twins is enough to scare anyone!