Friday, October 26, 2007

Creating Blog Templates


I have been wondering for sometime now how to make a cute blog background and how to change the template to make it look a little more like me (my style). I see others with cute backgrounds and want my own, however, it's not that easy. So I have started playing around with my blog template and learning all about HTML coding. This stuff is HARD. Anyways, after many hours of reading, experimenting, and playing around I have figured out a little bit. I can now easily change the background and wrapper color (that is the black part of this blog). So I have been tossing around the idea of starting a small business of creating cute blogs for people. What do you think? Is there a market out there for this stuff? Check out my link to my flickr site www.flickr.com/photos/maniacmom/
These are all blog templates I have created. I have included a few sample pictures in this post too. Let me know if you want one and I'll e-mail you the template. Or if you have a copy of a background you like, just e-mail it to me. If enough people are interested, maybe I'll start a little design blog business. I figure word of mouth is the best advertisement, so if others seem interested let me know.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

love your new look. i would love you to email me a fun template that is classy. my new look seems to not want to come up each time- something is wrong. i know there are a lot of free templates online so wonder if the market would be good out there for this to work as a little business. i definitely would send people your way. why don't you create me one and then all my blog lurkers will want to know who did it and I will give them your info- great idea. hope all is well. where is your next 6 months stop? do you know yet? i sure hope philly. would love to hang out.

510Jen said...

I agree with Sarah. Word of mouth, maybe a little blog lurking and asking would also help. Very cute examples. I know there is alot of free templates online due to digi scrap. But many people might not know how to do the whole blog thing which could be to your advantage. Good luck. You can do mine if you want too. It might help to do someones like Sarah for advertisement purposes since hers isn't privat.

510Jen said...

Oh BTW this latest blog look is very cute I think sometimes they can be a little distracting (that is why mine is plain Jane) but I really like this one.

GoatesGirl said...

I think you did a great job and you should go for it. Super cute!

katie said...

I will hire you to do mine! Love yours.

katie said...

Of the three samples on your blog I like the first one,(black and white)soo cute. Yours is cute too. I like simple but classy. Do you want me to send you a family pic? I really will send you money-your awesome!

The Atwood's said...

I think they look great! I really like the look of your blog now. I tried to change mine but because I have a mac, all the coding and etc. is different. I atleast know how to do the header but you are alot more creative and know how to work the colors. I would send people to you WOM for sure. Let me know if you start it and your prices.

Sydney said...

Very talented lady! love the new look.

gregandlaura said...

Hey, love your blog! I have been wondering as well how to make my blog more 'my style' I think it's a great idea.

Matt and Adge said...

so cute! i think you could totally do a business. yours a lot cuter than the ones you find online for free. mine could use an update...you up for it? :)

Haleigh said...

Hey! I am one of Bridget's friends. I saw her new blog and I'd love to use your "annie" template. Email me.

Thanks-
Haleigh