Thursday, August 23, 2007

Herrick Lake - DuPage County Forest Preserve






Here in Illinios they have all these places that are called forest preserves. Basically they are protected areas preserving nature and can be used for recreation, bird watching, picnics, or what ever. They are quite beautiful, and we are fortunate enough to have several of them around our house. Today we went to Herrick Lake for a little hike. If you are wondering why Cole is not in any of the pictures, it is because I had to hold him most of the time. He could hear the buzzing noises of bugs and locusts in the bushes, and he was afraid "that spider get me, he eat me." So being the nice mommy...pushover mommy, that I am, and not wanting my middle child to get "eaten" by the spider, I held him. I just think of it as my exercise for the day. It was fun and a beautiful place.

2 comments:

510Jen said...

Oh how lucky are you all. I love those kinds of places and it looks like your kids did too. Are you loving Chicago? We need to come and visit. It is crazy how close we are to you all.

Matt and Adge said...

hey michelle! it's so fun to see your blog and what you guys are up to since Cleveland. How do you like Chicago? How does Matt like his job? I can't believe how big your boys look even just after a few months. So good to hear from you!