Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. We went on a road trip with Matt's parents to visit Gettysburg, Hershey, and Lancaster Country. Gettysburg would have been MUCH more enjoyable if the kids weren't around, but the kids had fun at Hershey World and Lancaster. Santa made an appearance at Hershey World. Only Lily and Jack would sit on his lamp. I guess that means Cole doesn't get any Christmas gifts. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at a really nice hotel in Lancaster County. Have you ever been to Lancaster County? It's so charming. We took a buggy ride, went in way cute shops, ate good treats and food. I needed at least 3 more says there without my kids.
Here are some pictures of our trip.

Gettysburg 08
Mom and kids in Gettysburg
In the hotel where we ate Thanksgiving dinner
Thanksgiving 08
Lily With Santa 08
Jack With Santa 08
Amish Buggy
Lily In Lancaster 08
Lily in Lancaster 08

12 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

That looks like so much fun. It is great that you got to spend Thanksgiving with family. Great pictures.

Sarah said...

what a fun mini vacation. miss you and your fam so much. great picture. hope you had a fabulous weekend. later.

Alesha said...

That is really fun that you went there over the holiday! I love Lily's little hair cut, and how funny that I totally have almost the exact same red sweater.

adrianne s. said...

We really want to go to Gettysburg, but we haven't made it yet! It looks gorgeous!

The Brereton Family! said...

It looks so fun and beautiful! I'd love to visit the east coast some time.

Aaron and Niki Ganz said...

Looks like a great trip! We're glad that you had a fun time. I bet the buggy ride was fun! Great pictures!

Hazen5 said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I am so jealous of all the cool places and things you were able to see.

Haley said...

That looks sooo fun. I would love to see that place too. My favorites are the buggy with the fields in the background and you and the kids on/around the bronze statue.

Rosander said...

I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving! I am in LOVE with all of those pictures! Really next time you are here I need you to give me a photography lesson!

510Jen said...

WOW it looks like such a great trip. Last Christmas in the Midwest right? I miss those Amish buggies.

Sticks and Stones said...

Hey,I don't blame Cole, I wouldn't want to sit on Santa's "LAMP" either! haha ;)
Those pics are SO cute! I love the one of you all in the sleigh! You guys are so adventurous! I hear ya, I love spending time with my kids, but sometimes I can't enjoy myself or my surroundings when I am knee deep in them.

Alice said...

That looks like so much fun. I should take my family :D. The pictures are astounding, as always.